By making use of the resources in its Non-UGC Reserves, the Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences has established prizes for her students with effect from the academic year 2014/2015. The following regulations shall apply as of 2020/2021:
- The Prizes shall be known as "The Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences Outstanding Students Prizes".
- There shall be EIGHTEEN awards with each valued at HK$3,000:
Master of Arts in Applied Social Sciences (six awards)
Master of Counselling (four awards)
Master of Social Sciences in Psychology (four awards)
Master of Social Work (four awards)
- Eligible applicants must have completed at least half of the required credits of programme and have demonstrated academic excellence as reflected in their CGPA in Semester B of the current year (i.e. 2020/2021 academic year)
- Students can only get these Prizes once during the entire period of study of their Programmes in the Department.
- Nominations from the Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences shall reach the Student Development Services by the end of June each year.
- Confirmation will be sought from the Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences before July each year on whether or not the prizes shall be continued for the following academic year.