Prizes for Community Services
By making use of the resources in its Non-UGC Reserves, the Department of Applied Social Sciences has established scholarships for her students with effect from the academic year 2007/2008:
- The Prizes shall be known as "The Department of Applied Social Sciences Prizes for Community Services".
- There shall be eight awards with each valued at HK$1,000, two for each of the programmes stated in the paragraph (3) below.
- The awardees shall be full-time students of the following programmes, who have outstanding contribution in community services (including campus and community):
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Applied Sociology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Criminology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Sciences in Social Work
- Students can only get this scholarship once during the entire period of study of the programme.
- The Prize shall be open for competition. Self-nominations shall reach the Head of the Department by the end of November of the academic year.
- Confirmation will be sought from the Department of Applied Social Sciences before July 2016 on whether or not the scholarships shall be continued for the following academic year.