Research Degree Programmes (MPhil/PhD)
The Department offers full-time and part-time research degree programmes in Administrative Science Policy, which covers area in Applied Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Counselling and Criminology, leading to MPhil or Ph.D. degrees. The aims of these research degree programmes are to
- Enable students to investigate and evaluate critically an approved topic;
- Provide students opportunities to acquire competence in methods of research and scholarship in the field of Administrative Science Policy; and
- Enable students to complete a thorough and original research investigation to a professional standard.
Research interest of the faculty members of the Department can be found in the Faculty page.
The basic requirements for the MPhil and PhD programme are:
(a) Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
(b) Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Please refer to the the Research Degree Programmes Admissions Handbook issued by the Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies. For application period, procedures and on-line application, please visit http://www.sgs.cityu.edu.hk/prospective/apply/procedures.
For enquiries, please contact the Research Degree Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants are required to discuss their proposed research areas with a faculty member of the Department before submitting an application. Please also state the name of the faculty member contacted under the relevant section of the application form.
- A research proposal with clear objectives and proposed methodology is required.The proposal should be around three pages and single-spaced, including a list of work cited. For details, please refer to Appendix 1 of the Admission Handbook.