Dr. LI, Kin Kit Ben 李健傑博士
B.SSc. CUHK (Psychology)
M.Phil. CUHK (Psychology)
Ph.D. Oregon State University (Sport and Exercise Psychology, with minors in Gerontology and Quantitative Research Methods)
Member, American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
Research InterestsPhysical activity among older adults
Life-course perspective and physical activity
Future time perspective
Psychosocial theories and health behaviors
Applied statistics in social science
Measurement and evaluation
Social Statistics and Research Methods
Psychology of Learning
Learning and Behavior
Current Research Projects
Risk Perceptions and Message Framing in Physical Activity Promotion: An Aging Perspective (2011-2012), $568,453, funded by Research Grants Council General Research Fund Grant No. CityU147010. (PI: K-K Li; Co-Is: S-T Cheng, H H Fung)
Immediate Benefits as Motivators for Physical Activity Participation: The Roles of Age and Future Time Perspective (2010-2011), $179,818, funded by City University of Hong Kong Strategic Research Grant. (PI: K-K Li; Co-I: S-T Cheng)
Age Differences in Outcome Expectations for Physical Activity: A Theoretical Perspective (2010-2011), $99,543, funded by City University of Hong Kong Start-up Grant for New Staff. (PI: K-K Li)
A Longitudinal Investigation of the Concomitants of Student Achievement Outcomes (2010-2011), $100,000, funded by Education Development and General Education at City University of Hong Kong. (PI: K-K Li; Co-Is: R K H Chan, T Y Lee)
Publications (Selected List from 2005)
- Li, K.-K., Concepcion, R. Y., Lee, H., Cardinal, B. J., Ebbeck, V., Woekel, E., & Readdy, R. T. (in press) An examination of gender differences in relation to the eating habits and nutrient intakes of university students. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior.
- Li, K.-K., Washburn, I., DuBois, D. L., Vuchinich, S., Ji, P., Brechling, V., Day, J., Beets, M. W., Acock, A. C., Berbaum, M., Snyder, F., & Flay, B. R. (2011) Effects of the Positive Action program on problem behaviors in elementary school students: A matched-pair randomized control trial in Chicago. Psychology & Health, 26(2), 187-204.
- Cheng, S.-T., & Li, K.-K. (2010) Combining major life events and recurrent hassles in the assessment of stress in Chinese adolescents: Preliminary evidence. Psychological Assessment, 22(3), 532-538.
- Gibbons, S. L., Ebbeck, V., Concepcion, R. Y., & Li, K.-K. (2010) The impact of an experiential education program on the self-perceptions and perceived social regard of physical education students. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 32(6), 786-804.
- Snyder, F. J., Flay, B., Vuchinich, S., Acock, A., Beets, M. W., Washburn, I. J., & Li, K.-K. (2010) Impact of a social-emotional and character development program on school-level indicators of academic achievement, absenteeism, and disciplinary outcomes: A matched-pair, cluster randomized, controlled trial. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness, 3(1), 26-55.
- Beets, M. W., Flay, B. R., Vuchinich, S., Li, K.-K., Acock, A., Snyder, F. J., & The Tobacco Etiology Research Network (TERN) (2009) Longitudinal patterns of binge drinking among first year college students. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 103(1-2), 1-8.
- Beets, M. W., Flay, B. R., Vuchinich, S., Snyder, F. J., Acock, A., Li, K.-K., Burns, K., Washburn, I. J., & Durlak, J. (2009) Use of a social and character development program to prevent substance use, violent behaviors, and sexual activity among elementary students in Hawaii. American Journal of Public Health, 99(8), 1438-1445.
- Cardinal, B. J., Lee, J.-Y., Kim, Y.-H., Lee, H., Li, K.-K., & Si, Q. (2009) Behavioral, demographic, psychosocial, and sociocultural concomitants of stage of change for physical activity behavior in a mixed culture sample. American Journal of Health Promotion, 23(4), 274-278.
- Fung, H. H., Yeung, D. Y., Li, K.-K., & Lang, F. R. (2009) Benefits of negative social exchanges for emotional closeness. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 64B(5), 612-621.
- Levy, S. S., Li, K.-K., Cardinal, B. J., & Maddalozzo, G. F. (2009) Transitional shifts in exercise behavior among women with multiple sclerosis. Disability and Health Journal, 2(4), 216-223.
- Li, K.-K., Cardinal, B. J., & Settersten, R. A. Jr. (2009) Life-course perspective: Applications and implications for physical activity promotion. Quest, 61(3), 336-352.
- Li, K.-K., Cardinal, B. J., & Vuchinich, S. (2009) Health worry, physical activity participation, and walking difficulty among older adults: A mediation analysis. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 80(1),12-21.
- Beets, M. W., Flay, B. R., Vuchinich, S., Acock, A., Li, K.-K., & Allred, C. (2008) School climate and teachers’ beliefs and attitudes associated with implementation of the Positive Action program: A diffusion of innovations model. Prevention Science, 9, 264-275.
- Li, K.-K., & Chan, D. K-S. (2008) Goal conflict and the moderating effects of intention stability in intention-behavior relations: Physical activity among Hong Kong Chinese. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 30(1), 39-55.
- Chang, L., Lei, L., Li, K. K., Lui, H., Guo, B., Wang, Y., & Fung, K. Y. (2005) Peer acceptance and self-perceptions of verbal and behavioural aggression and social withdrawal. International Journal of Behavioural Development, 29(1), 48-57.
Curriculum Vitae Full CV